Commander College: Catch the Vision!
A deeply devoted leader is a primary factor in the success of any ministry, including your Awana club. We know that you work hard to reach young people with the gospel of Christ; we want to help you be more effective!
Commander College is for you! Three days of specialized training designed to help you serve the Lord as an Awana commander. Our goal is to thoroughly prepare you to excel in leadership within your church and apply the benefits of a well-run Awana program. We will provide you with:
- Practical tools and tips from experienced missionaries and commanders.
- New ideas from children's ministry experts.
- Resources you can share with your leaders.
- Training to move your club towards excellence!
- Advice to be the best advocate, shepherd, administrator, and leader that you can be!
Training sessions include: "Integrating Awana with your church", "Motivating your leaders", "Commander Communications", "Leading a healthy club" and many more!
What will you experience during Commander College?
- Unforgettable Community! Fellowship with commanders and missionaries from across the state who share your passion for ministry. You will make new friends!
- High Quality Training! Learning activities, interactive participation and networking. You will be better equipped to serve your club!
- Fun! A group outing, plus time to relax and share stories and ideas with other commanders. You will go home refreshed and re-energized!
When: July 24th - 27th
Starts Thursday at 5 PM and finishes Sunday at noon.
Where: Camp Kirkwood, Wilmington Ohio
What you will receive:
3 days of outstanding training.
A commander's workbook with notes and ideas
Multiple references and resources from Awana.
A unique shirt, name badge, and certificate.
All meals and snacks, including one meal offsite with the group.
***To Register Click Here***
For more information:
Ken & Melinda Cogley KennethC@awana.org 330-824-9021
Steve Schenk SteveS@awana.org 937-431-9018